Migrate JASMIN account from CEDA
- 1 Authenticate with CEDA
- 2 Verify email
- 3 Set JASMIN password
Why do I need to migrate my account?
As JASMIN has evolved, there has been an increase in the number of JASMIN users that do not need archive access, such as users that only access Group Workspaces, or tenants in the Unmanaged Cloud. The management of JASMIN users was bolted on to the existing myCEDA service, which was originally designed to handle requests for access to data in the CEDA archive.
This arrangement was becoming increasingly hard to maintain, and adding new features was difficult. As a result, we have decided to separate JASMIN and CEDA accounts, with each handled by their own portal:
Your JASMIN account will handle all your access to resources on JASMIN:
- Login and scientific analysis machines
- Group Workspaces
- Project-specific Virtual Machines
- Cloud Tenancies
- Your CEDA account will handle access to data in the CEDA archive.
In order to access a range of restricted (but not all) datasets associated with your CEDA account via the JASMIN filesystem, it is possible to link your CEDA and JASMIN accounts.
What do I need to do?
If you already have a JASMIN account via your CEDA account, you need to migrate that account for use with this portal:
- Upon clicking the "Authenticate with CEDA" button, you will be redirected to CEDA.
- After logging in with your CEDA credentials, you will be asked to grant the JASMIN Accounts Portal access to your CEDA account details.
- Once access has been granted, you will be sent an email with a verification link.
- Upon verifying your email address, you will be able to set a password for the JASMIN Accounts Portal.
- You can then sign in to and use the JASMIN Accounts Portal.